All registrants and attendees to NOSSCR conferences are bound by the following terms, conditions, and Code of Conduct. This page also outlines NOSSCR's refund policy and how NOSSCR uses any data it collects.
Code of Conduct
NOSSCR is committed to ensuring a safe and welcoming environment for participants at all NOSSCR events.
We expect all participants at NOSSCR events to abide by this Code of Conduct in all venues, including ancillary events and social gatherings.
- Be considerate and respectful in your speech and actions.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants.
- Alert community leaders if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct.
Unacceptable behaviors include:
- intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning speech or actions by any participant at a NOSSCR event, and at all related events and in one-on-one communications carried out in the context of the event;
- harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments or visual images related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability, or other personal characteristic;
- inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides);
- deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following;
- harassing photography or recording;
- sustained disruption of talks or other events;
- unwelcome and uninvited attention or contact;
- physical assault (including unwelcome touch or groping);
- real or implied threat of physical harm;
- real or implied threat of professional or financial damage or harm.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the NOSSCR staff immediately.
At an in-person event, staff can be identified by their badges or found at either the information or registration desks. All reports are confidential.
Unacceptable behavior from any participant at a NOSSCR event, including attendees, sponsors, exhibitors, contractors, volunteer leaders, vendors, venue staff, and anyone with decision-making authority, will not be tolerated.
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. Repeated or serious violations of this policy will result in an order to leave the event immediately without a refund. Egregious violations will result in more severe sanctions.
If you have been falsely or unfairly accused of violating this Code of Conduct, you should notify NOSSCR’s staff or the NOSSCR Membership Standards Committee with a concise description of your grievance.
NOSSCR will provide full refunds for any registrant who cancels before April 5, 2024. After April 5, NOSSCR will issue partial refunds on a case-by-case basis, depending on the circumstances that led to the cancellation. To request a refund after October 10, please reach out to [email protected].
During the registration process, NOSSCR will collect user information necessary to conduct our conference. This include members' names, emails, mobile phone numbers, and other personal information. NOSSCR may use this information for future marketing efforts.
NOSSCR will never sell personal contact information and will not share this information with any third parties, exhibitors, or sponsors.
As a standard practice, conference organizers frequently share attendee lists with sponsors or exhibitors at events. NOSSCR may share the attendee list with sponsors or exhibitors if they request that information. This list will only include attendees name, but not any contact information or other personal data.